Dale Rocheleau has proven leadership abilities involving complex business transactions and economic development projects.
A dynamic forward-thinker who serves as strategic advisor to business leaders, Dale provides insightful analysis and sound judgment to help clients develop and execute successful business plans.
- Providing legal advice for clients to access tax credits and other public incentives to create jobs, finance real estate and develop renewable energy projects.
- Successfully negotiated sale of a 2.2 megawatt photovoltaic project in 2013.
- Led public service company legal team in contract negotiation, securing regulatory approvals and closing of merger in 2012 for $704 million, a 75% premium above the market value at the time the company received its first non-public offer to purchase.
- Assisted public service company in negotiating a 26-year power purchase contract with one of the world’s largest hydroelectric companies in 2010, thereby providing a long-term, stably-priced and reliable source of renewable power for Vermont customers.
- Managed legal issues for $51 million buyback of public service company stock in a reverse Dutch auction tender offer in 2006.
- Oversaw legal work for $60 million sale of wind power development company in 2005.
- Obtained key permits and approvals for economic development projects in Vermont ranging up to $225 million. The projects included a major ski area expansion, a software company expansion, an ice cream manufacturer expansion, and the establishment of a significant new injection molding product manufacturer.